Loving this new loco smell 😄

dgrafix

My class 37 arrived today.. yay!
20231207_181318.jpg

Yes correct they are owned by Bouygues.
Colas is in many countries but are mostly active in UK (according to wiki). The loco itself is homegrown though 😁
When you think the Class 37's were introduced in Nov.1960, they've done well over the years.

When you think the Class 37's were introduced in Nov.1960, they've done well over the years.
Yep they have, the later 59 model (the last of the "Deltic" shaped locos) was replaced by the one built in USA right? (Class 70)

Last edited:
Yep they have, the later model (last of the "Deltics") was replaced by the one built in USA right?
A Class 55 is a "Deltic", and a Class 37 is a "Tractor", although both have similar nose ends from English-Electric, that's about as similar as they get.

The Deltics were replaced by the Inter-City 125 (Class 43) passenger train.

Have not run it yet due to layout being ⚠️track up for construction ⚠️. I have heard every brand has it's "tear in".
In my book of words it says to run it for 30 min in both directions at a moderate speed on the flat. Any more tips for these farish models i should know?

Have not run it yet due to layout being ⚠️track up for construction ⚠️. I have heard every brand has it's "tear in".
In my book of words it says to run it for 30 min in both directions at a moderate speed on the flat. Any more tips for these farish models i should know?
30 mins in each direction is the norm, you might want to vary the speed every so often but nothing over 80% for more than a minute or two, that can damage the motor while it's still new.

30 mins in each direction is the norm, you might want to vary the speed every so often but nothing over 80% for more than a minute or two, that can damage the motor while it's still new.
Will do. Good to know that, i put one of my shinkansens to full (after a few laps warm up of course, as i knew that much) but i did not know it needed to be so long :eek:
I always warm up my trains before using high speed. As i was told that as a kid.
But for -new- locos i am learning :D

Back