Looking to buy Walthers Viewliners.

Amtrak47

Would anyone happen to have or know anyone who's selling Walthers viewliners?? Looking for either phase IVB or Undecorated. I will buy for a fair price! Need about 2 of them to finally complete my Amtrak Silver Meteor. I have 1 IVB Viewliner so far. Will pay via paypal.

Pics for referrence:

walthers-amtrak-viewliner-undecorated-932-6090-7a91552f406af19c839622b123edc6cf.jpg$_1.JPG

Just to let you know your post is being read - I checked my inventory list. The only Walthers passenger cars I have are heavyweights. Sorry I couldn't help.

Your best chance of finding those are probably Ebay. I find hard to find rolling stock there regularly and of course most vendors accept PP on Ebay.

I wish somebody would come out with say, a 73' version that would negotiate 18-22" curves, without all the overhang. Would go great with the rest of my Athearn & Model Power streamlined cars. Thank you in advance!!

Would anyone happen to have or know anyone who's selling Walthers viewliners?? Looking for either phase IVB or Undecorated. I will buy for a fair price! Need about 2 of them to finally complete my Amtrak Silver Meteor. I have 1 IVB Viewliner so far. Will pay via paypal.

Pics for referrence:

View attachment 18006View attachment 18007
Hi, just joined, and was searching for viewliners and came across this post. Walthers hasn't came out with a phase IVB Viewliner, nor did i ever find a Phase III, nor did Amtrak ever come out with phase V short lived "Aqua era". You would have to decal it yourself. I've had my run through of Walthers Viewliners since 1998 when they first came out i bought two of them when they were $25. They didn't run on tight turns so i didn't like running them and opted not to buy anymore but over the years i haven't turned down a good price, well, on ebay. I bought an undecorated one in 2004 to decal in Phase III. I think sometime later, i bought another one on ebay because it was at a cheap price, and then i bought another undecorated because it was hard to turn it down. Now, a little over a year ago in 2019, i bought two undecorated for $100 on ebay, well, it was just hard to turn down. In my opinion your best bet is to be patient with ebay when someone posts them for a good price. To me over $50 is overpriced, but if your looking to get that "one" then up to $100 is worth it. Remember, if you decided to sell it you'll get more than what you paid for it. Especially if you decal it phase IVB.

Back