looking for some of my old friends from 2Guyz

CharlieAdams

I'm getting back to work again on my layout, its been sitting unfinished for a couple of years. So I thought id join another forum to exchange ideas and get some information. Anyways, I'm hoping to find some of my old friends from 2guyzandsumtrains, which was shut down. I'm in touch with Fred on occasion who was part owner, hes had a rough go the last few years, which was one of the reasons it shut down. But there were some very good bashers and scratch builders on that site and I would love to see what they have been doing. Anyways, thanks for letting me join, I appreciate that!

Welcome to the Forums, Charlie! Glad to hear you're getting back into the hobby. This is hands down the best and friendliest website for model railroading on the web. Lots of knowledgeable and experienced folks here to shoot the breeze with or to ask for advice. Hopefully, you'll be able to find some more of your old friends and make some new ones! Drop by Running Bears' Coffee Shop and catch up with all the goings on from the folks on here. Don't be a stranger!

Hi Charlie , what was your forum name on 2guyz? I was Wickman , miss that forum.

HEY! I remember you! I was just Charlie there I think, maybe Cadams, I was an admin too. Its a shame that, according to Fred, Jon wiped the server clean and all that info and how to's were lost forever. Jon and Fred are friends on facebook still, but I dont hear anything from Jon at all. Fred lost his wife a few months ago, that really tore him up, but hes doing better now. I wonder what happened to Sheriff Jim and Beaser, and that guy from Arizona, man he was good at fixing things. I sent him some old engines a neighbor gave me and he got them running like new. I traded him a few tenders and cabooses I wasnt going to use for his labor and he made some really cool stuff from them. I'm hoping theres a few guys here who scratch build stuff, thats the best stuff ever. So happy your here!

Hi there neighbor!

How about all this rain. HOPE it keeps up for a while.
I'm mainly an armchair modeler these days. Wife, kids, grandkids, relatives keep my clock full all the time, plus I just finished up 6 months of chemo treatment for cancer a couple months ago.
Anyway, I like to jaw at these folks and follow what they are doing. Thinking about starting some type of layout later this year after I get caught up on numerous behind things being out of the loop for almost a year.
Welcome, Charlie

yeah, how about that! It finally dried up enough today to clean up my driveway, it was a mess! You live local? Get that layout going, what gauge are you thinking about? I run HO for now. i have to finish this one before i change gauges, Ive too much invested in it, lol...

G'day , From Tasmania , Australia....Your previous forum sounds like a great one but ....so is this one. I joined in early 2013 and every single time I get the same joy on what I believe is THE FORUM....It's awesome...You sound like you will be a great addition to what is already a phenomenal site...What do you model by the way ?....I chose BNSF/ATSF modern era and having a ball in HO.....Cheers Rod....

Back