Looking for photo of Hallett Dock Co. engine.......

Greg from Mi.

Greg from Mi.
Hi everyone this is my 1st time here. I'm building a 24'X21' ho scale DM&IR RR. One of the main switching ares is the Duluth dock Co. and I know they have there own engine and was wondering if anyone here would know where I could get a picture of it.
Heres a link to there sight but no engine pictures :(
Thanks and looking forward to chating on the forum
Greg from Mi.

http://www.hallettdock.com/services.php

If you're looking for a time period, HD-11 was the engine working the docks in the summer of 1964, when I was a deckhand on an ore boat that made the run from Duluth to Cleveland.

Jim..............

thanks for the reply.
On my HO scale layout ( 21'X24" ) the hallett dock Co takes up a 2'X15' area. I'm modeling in the early to mid 1980's
Any info or links on hallett would be great. I'm new here and will have to figure out how to post a picture of my hallett Dock Co.
Greg

mac loco works.........

thanks for the photos. I'll have to buy an undecorated loco and paint myself.
Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
Greg

Greg
I have 4 other pics that I was not able to post. They show both sides of the #11 and pic of a small 40 or 60 ton switcher. The switcher was Lake Superior & Mississippi tourist railroad's GE.

If you need any help with finding a loco I have access to a large collection of hard to find and out of production rolling stock. I also have been custom painting and building loco's and rolling stock for 15 yrs and could help.

Michael

Mac loco works.................

Might be interested in HO scale DM&RI rolling stock. 1960's and newer
What do you have?
Greg

Greg, the only thing I found was a partial picture on Hallet's web site of what appears to be an NW-2 with typical BN spark arresters so I suspect it's a ex BN or BNSF unit. HD-11 is still in existence, preserved at the Lake Superior Transportation Museum. Hallet's annual report for 2007 shows they have two diesel switchers but no pictures and no indication of model types. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back