Looking for comments

not horrible for US shipping...
to canada here it's $40 US, this week that means about 52 cdn loonies..
plus the winning bid amount...ouch

First, the set isn't rare. Model Power made thousands of them. Second, the paint job on the engine is pure fantasy and the engine itself is junk. Third, the passenger cars are rebranded MDC Harriman coaches that also never wore that paint scheme. You can usually pick up the coaches for around $10 each. $50 for the engine is outrageous, and that's just the starting bid. There's a reason it has zero bids. Give this one a pass.

agreed!

First, the set isn't rare. Model Power made thousands of them. Second, the paint job on the engine is pure fantasy and the engine itself is junk. Third, the passenger cars are rebranded MDC Harriman coaches that also never wore that paint scheme. You can usually pick up the coaches for around $10 each. $50 for the engine is outrageous, and that's just the starting bid. There's a reason it has zero bids. Give this one a pass.

Amen!
Why is it that the word "rare" in an ebay listing usually mean that it isn't? :confused:

Amen!
Why is it that the word "rare" in an ebay listing usually mean that it isn't? :confused:
Well, rocking horse sh*t is rare too. Doesn't make it collectable. :D:D:D

Agreed with the others, the postage alone is more than the set is worth. Avoid like the plague.

Well, rocking horse sh*t is rare too. Doesn't make it collectable. :D:D:D

Agreed with the others, the postage alone is more than the set is worth. Avoid like the plague.

That was my original inclination but I wanted a little more input just in case I was wrong.

Thanks everyone for the help. I think I will go looking for some rockinghorse dung now. :D;)

Back