Looking for a specific train or trolley

Doug1153

Hi. My name is Doug. This is my first post and I am very novice to this hobby.
I am looking for a setup that has everything listed…

Battery Operated
Auto Reverse
Train or Trolley
Track can be straight or have some curves,
but is point to point

The research I have found leads me to the Bachmann 25100 Norman Rockwell Christmas Set.
Does anyone have any other recommendation?
Thank You for your help.
Doug

Welcome to the forum!

I have an ON30 Bachmann Christmas trolley set, but it's not battery operated. My set runs well, all I would recommend is some track cleaning fluid and light weight oil. If you are only using it for Christmas, you may not need either one. But if you run it a lot or plan on using it next year both will come in handy.
1699075792347.png

1699075770017.png

I did not know they made a battery-operated set. I don't know of a better set to recommend.

Have fun and keep us posted.

Hi Doug…
I did a quick search and came up with the same results.
Seems like a good start, good reviews.
Another possibility is converting something to battery power, I’ve done that in the past as most anything will run off a nine volt battery. More work but an option anyway.

Here is the Bachmann 25100 I believe And it looks like a little battery pack and can also plug in a usb battery?
Does that look correct?
Thanks
Doug

Attachments

• IMG_1608.jpeg
    IMG_1608.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 43
Here is the Bachmann 25100 I believe And it looks like a little battery pack and can also plug in a usb battery?
Does that look correct?
Thanks
Doug
The Bachmann's product listing shows 4 AA batteries. That is 6 volts. It may or may not work with a 5 volts USB connection. I can't say one way or the other.

i Have this figured out. I went ahead and purchased the Bachmann 25100 model.
Thsnis exactly what I wanted. Battery operated. Auto reverse.
Thanks to everyone in this chat room. I look forward to reading and posting
more info.
thanks again,
Doug

Well I received the Bachmann auto reverse Norman Rockwell Trolley. I set it up today and I am having some problems. The train gets to one end and it doesn’t change direction. The track looks fine but the end pieces f track don’t have any wiring in them. Just 2 pieces of plastic. Does that look correct?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 23

Back