loco not working

I have a pair of BLI AC6000 in CP rail I had 1 on the track (at a stand still w/sound on) when i put the other one on the track the first one sound went mute & then made a clicking noise. I unmuted it it ran fine , but the second one has no power at all no lights no sound nothing. Afew nights ago one of the 2 derailed low speed just wanted to go the direction the switch was not throwen , now i did notice a little bit of smoke at that time , but when it was put back on track it run fine. I am not sure which loco derailed and not sure it matters at this point, i was going to try tp take shell off but ive never done that before + once off not sure what to look for anyway? Side note night after derailment I put another AC6000 on track UP loco and it wouldnt run either,though it had power I reprogrammed it then it worked fine. I am not sure if I should tinker w/this loco or just send it back to BLI? any thoughts ? anyone? thanks in advance .............Jay

I have a few of the BLI AC6000s. A couple years ago one of mine derailed on a turnout and smoked. I pulled the shell and found the wiring harness was completely melted at the point were it was plugged into the board (see the photo). I contacted BLI and they gave me a RA # to send it back for repairs. Got it back and its been great ever since.
Sometimes those things happen, but BLI stands behind their products.

BLIAC6000_zpsa9d8bc13.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back