Lionel 248

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
Thought I'd post a recently completed project. I installed repro wheels and it runs like a champ. Before and after.

Thanks! I was impressed with the metallic look. After the paint stripper I went with a rubbing compound. I ended up clear coating. The black base is original and all the brass is shined up. I am missing two top pieces. I don't have much tinplate and thought it was the best way to display it. The wires are original but I had to add new plastic insulation.I stripped some new wires and just slipped the insulation on . The original paint was alligatored and it needed help. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section. - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.