lift ring question

PEIR

Eastern RailNet
I need to order some HO scale Plano lift rings and can't remember what I need for a SD40/45. They have four different sizes to choose from

14650 Lift Rings - 4 1/2" OD x 2" ID (48) Stainless Steel

14651 Lift Rings - 3 3/8" OD x 1 3/4" ID (48) Stainless Steel

14652 Lift Rings - 2 3/4" OD x 1 1/2" ID (48) Stainless Steel

14653 Lift Rings - 2 3/8" OD x 1 3/8" ID (48) Stainless Steel

Can someone point me towards the right size?

Stephen, I totally missed your thread here. I took this picture for a comparison. I don't have any of the 2 3/8" OD x 1 3/8" ID ones.

100_1351.jpg

You can see by the picture, the 4 1/2" are a bit big, the 2 3/4" a bit small (I use those to hold coupler bars). I'd go with the 3 3/8" ones myself. In the middle are regular Detail Associates lift rings.

Thanks Jerome! I ended up ordering all four sizes from Plano so I can cover all different situations.

Stephen, a good call!! I use them for all kinds of things. the 2 3/4" x 1 1/2" fits a .010 piece of wire just right. They are hard to see, but there is 2 of them holding down the piping towards the top of the air conditioner.

100_1364.jpg

I spent a couple hundred dollars on parts and forgot to order windshield wipers:rolleyes:

I looked for wipers on a couple of sites and they seem to be B/O. I guess the crews will have to do without them and hope they have good weather :)

If you can't find the A-Line windshield wipers, you do have other options.

Detail Associates has five different types, all available from Credit Valley Railway in Canada. Their website is www.cvrco.com

A229-2314.......Windshield wipers sing/dbl /8.........................$2.50
A229-2315.......Windshield wipers sing/double arm.....................$2.50
A229-2316.......Windshield wipers EMD std cab.........................$2.50
A229-2317.......Windshield wipers GE std cab..........................$2.50
A229-2318.......Windshield wipers EMD Wide cab........................$2.50

The other option is Railflyer, who have two different types in their list of parts.

timothy dineen

Thanks for the heads up Timothy! I'd sooner order them in Canada to save on shipping.

Shipping is going to be a little more expensive from them. They charge $13 dollars to ship...if you're buying a lot of stuff, that won't be any problem. You might want to check with Hockley Valley Railway (hvrr.ca) as they seem to be a lot more reasonable with shipping...I don't know if they have the parts you'll need, though.

timothy dineen

Back