Let's talk On30 micro layouts!

zzr1200guy

So, I should just be a rabbit hunter because I go down so many Rabbit holes.

I just Acquire a bunch of On30 locos and some rolling stock. So while perusing YouTube I found a bunch of On30 Micro Layouts and nor I want to build 1 or 6.

Has anyone here built one?

Where can I find out what the minimum turn radius for On30 Locos and rolling stock?

The ON30 stuff I have seen tends to be very imaginary with very short locos and cars which help the minimum radius. A short 0-4-0 steamer or a 4 wheel Diesel switcher would also go this way. Maybe a 15 inch radius would would be a flexible planning goal.

The late Malcom Furlow was known for his humorous tongue in cheek approach to narrow gauge. Have fun!

You may wish to send JIM O'connell ( HO Explorer) on this site, or post on his thread, and ask him about min radius.
He has done several N, HO, On30 layouts. Perhaps he has determined what one can get away with.

You may wish to send JIM O'connell ( HO Explorer) on this site, or post on his thread, and ask him about min radius.
He has done several N, HO, On30 layouts. Perhaps he has determined what one can get away with.
I tried to look him up, but it came back with nothing. Would you be to throw me a link to him or one of his threads.

Back