Layout Under Construction

Hey Jim,

Thanks! The layout is 15 feet by 20 feet. I will post some pictures of the whole layout.

Sorry, I forgot to ask, is it HO or N? 15x20 is plenty of space for a nice layout in either scale but you could have quite an empire in N scale. :)

Hey Jim,

I am doing the layout in HO scale. I thought about N scale but the only reason why I didn't go N scale is I would have to buy all new buildings and trains/track. I had a lot of HO scale models already and a large stock of HO trains as well. but in the future I am going to build a nice size N scale layout.:D

Hey all here is a photo of the whole layout. Sorry for the mess in the picture. I am currently organizing everything as I want to make an awesome train room. When I was building the bench work I had a few thoughts in mind. One of them was the big what if you want to expand. So on the legs I placed clips for legs of an upper level to sit. The upper level bench work would be a shelf style of bench work and I also have plans for a helix in a closet 4 feet away. 2 tracks would go from under the lower level into the closet and then emerge out of the closet to the 2nd level. I forgot to mention when the tracks are going into and out of the closet it would go threw a little 5 ft wall so you would not need to keep the door open.

Here is a picture of the layout as of right now with out the 2nd level. I am currently working on a more sturdy brace so the 2nd level of the layout would not collapse on top of the other one.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/yzmxrider22/benchwork.jpg

Looks like it's going to be a nice layout when it's done but the duckunder aspect would drive my back nuts. I hope you're a young guy and that won't be a problem.

I can't see much of the actual benchwork in your picture but it's going to have to be pretty beefy if the entire second level will have to be supported by the first level. I hope you have some kind of lift out panel planned because building a second level by having to duck under the first is not going to be fun.

Back