Layout Progress

I'm doing a freelance layout, modern period for the most part. The only things that won't be modern be be the use of some GP7's and 9's.....and the older style pulpwood cars that look like bulkhead flats. Other than that, all cars are modern.....and modern engines. 95% of my track work is down, and I've just started working on terrain.

I've added a couple of photos of what I have right now....trying to decide on the location for some industries. There will be some kit bashing/scratch built structures. I have decided on these industries to go on the layout.....mostly due to them not needing any large structures. A Pulpwood yard, Scrap yard, team track (boxcars, center beam flats, high/wide loads), and some sort of rail-to-truck unloading area for tank cars. Hope you can see the text markers.

6255865029_c26274deaf_b.jpg

6256397592_1a2def1197_b.jpg

6255868615_6d203794eb_b.jpg

6256402000_33447015cd_b.jpg

Looks good! Plenty of yard work to be done with all those sidings. Will this be an industrial layout or are you going to have some compressed scenery as well?

Looks good! Plenty of yard work to be done with all those sidings. Will this be an industrial layout or are you going to have some compressed scenery as well?

Mostly a rural themed layout with industries. Didn't really have a decent place to put a yard, thats one reason behind that long "Undecided" track possibly becoming an interchange track. I can get about 12-14 cars in there. On the other area still under planning, I've also played with the idea of a small 4 track stub yard there.

Back