Layout (Grain Project)

Looking good Mike. As Jim pointed out make sure you are absolutely leak proof before you pour.
I noticed in your third pic there is a joint in the flex track. If you take a couple ties, shave off the spike detail and sand the bottoms they will slide right in under the joiners and look better when you ballast.
I Know I am waiting to put them there because I had them there before when I airbrush the track they blow out, I am going to wait then paint them and slide them under. Mike

Thanks everything I will check for the leaks, but won't the water ruin my plaster like mess up the way its formed? Mike

Mike, the most likely place for leaks in right along the bottom. As long as the patching plaster has cured for a few days, you should be able to pour a few inches of water in there, check for leaks, and then use a turkey baster to get most of the water out. Wicking the rest out with paper towels will finish the job. you'll want to give a day or two so it re-cures but water for a short amount of time won't turn the plaster back into a soupy mess.

Mike, the most likely place for leaks in right along the bottom. As long as the patching plaster has cured for a few days, you should be able to pour a few inches of water in there, check for leaks, and then use a turkey baster to get most of the water out. Wicking the rest out with paper towels will finish the job. you'll want to give a day or two so it re-cures but water for a short amount of time won't turn the plaster back into a soupy mess.

Ok, sounds good, I will try it. Mike

Hey guys!, I got my creek bottom all painted and she is ready to take some realistic water. Check it out.
DPP2_47.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

What ya'll think? Mike

Mike, the only change I'd make is some algae green color going up the bank to a few scale feet above the water line. Creeks go up and down in depth depending on the season and drought but green gunk tends to keep growing at around the high water line. It kind of hard to explain because it's not actual grass like you'd use for ground cover, it's just green slimy stuff. The best way to simulate this is some darker green right below the water line and the lighter green just above the water line.

Yeah I started putting in grass, and rocks I will post pics ASAP, things have slowed down, my business has slowed hence less money coming in, but I think its alot with christmas debt and the economy...hopefully things pickup, but yeah I will post pics thanks for your interest.

Well guys I have been so busy I finally started to scenic my creek area. I know the tall grass and banks aren't looking good yet I still have lots of grass to add and some more boulders and rocks, plus the realistic water. But here are a few shots.
DPP2_49.jpg

DPP2_50.jpg

DPP2_51.jpg

DPP2_53.jpg

Mike

Back