Knowing what's in your yard and exactly where

PMW

Of course many cars are identical looking except for the number. In yards it's often impossible to read the number on the car. I use JMRI Operations which will look for a specific car so I use my laptop desktop to know what cars are where in my yard. Makes it easier to go to work once I get my switch list.

Just photos I took of the cars I have so far which I renamed with road name and number. I drag the files where I need them and put them off to the side when it's not in the yard. I need many more cars but I think I'll have room. For those of you who don't have room maybe make a folder which you can drag the cars not in the yard into.

This is what I came up with to solve the problem, anyone else...? 😃

desktoop.png

I have a physical layout and use car cards and waybills, so I can tell what cars are in in what tracks and what order they are in. I have a pocket for each track and the CCWB for each car is in the corresponding pocket in the order the cars are standing in the tracks. I don't worry about reading the car numbers in the tracks, since I know the standing order, I do like the prototype does and pull the track out to get to the car.

Back