Kit bashin my G scale K-27....pics inside

This is my Bachman K-27 I've been detailing and weathering. I modded the snow plow, tender and Im working on a whole smoke system for it.:D

Let me know whatcha think!?!?!? I will also have vids of this engine running this weekend at the Colorado Railroad Museum! :)

IMG00057-20110111-1758.jpg

IMG00058-20110111-1759.jpg

IMG00059-20110111-1801.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Driver, :)

If your first pic was in a modelled environment you'd hardly be able to tell your loco wasn't real! The tools on the tender are a nice touch. :)

Greg

Thanks Tooter! I was thinkin the samething after I saw it on my computer! I work on and run real steamers (3 truck shay #12 and #346) at our museum and it bugs the hell out of me when I look at a model and its not close to the real deal! I also have a set of AMS passenger cars that I will start bashin today.

Well I started with my first car....and as it sits now shes about half done....I started with a nice tall glass of ice tea and then worked my way to the trucks. I then moved my way up....please remember these are beginning stages.

all feedback welcomed! good or bad.

Well the time has come again for some more bashing! I will be bashing my K-27 into a K-28, number 473. Im not looking to do a perfect model of the prototype, but she will be close! I already have the drivers apart and almost ready to bash them into shape! I got a couple questions tho.....

what would be a good way to inlarge the boiler/smoke box and any thoughts on the tender and cab?

Really nice, good job.
It's not hard I guess for you to get Proto pic's and measurements then, hahaha!

I wished I lived closer to durango so I could roll down there to the real prototype to take measurements.....but 8 hours one way is to long for me lol

Back