KASGRO 325 Ton, 12 Axle Depressed Center Flat Car Kit

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
Found this kit. Ordered one. Pretty pricey. Transformer load is extra.

20221031_213550.jpg

Very small detail parts. Primer painting it all before assembly.

20221031_211804.jpg

It's a large freight car but should look good on the rails here.

I bought another air brush today to paint this. I thinned the paint more than I typically do to avoid the spitting that my previous air brushes did. This mix was a little more than three parts thinner, one part paint. The thinner is the same brand as the paint. Prolly too thin this time. The color is very thin but running all over.

20221101_201443.jpg

This air brush will prolly get chucked in a few days. It's a Gren.

I bought another air brush today to paint this. I thinned the paint more than I typically do to avoid the spitting that my previous air brushes did. This mix was a little more than three parts thinner, one part paint. The thinner is the same brand as the paint. Prolly too thin this time. The color is very thin but running all over.

View attachment 155179

This air brush will prolly get chucked in a few days. It's a Gren.
Try a 60/40 mix, that's what I use, seems to work well with my inexpensive airbrush. :)

I would read 3:1 as 3 parts paint, one part thinner. I've had the same airbrush for about 30 years and it also clogs with acrylics, well it did when I tried them about 25 years ago.

The flat car looks good, looking forward to seeing it finished.

I have a Paasche H airbrush. This grain car was painted with Model master radon tan acrylic paint right out of the bottle. A lot of problems with airbrushes is the compressor that is being used. I have a Craftsman piston type one gallon compressor with an inline oil/water separator. Diaphragm compressors just don't recover fast enough to maintain steady air pressure.
IMG_3271.jpg

Back