Jmri

Yes. And yes. I run JMRI on my Mac which is plugged into my Digitrax Zephyr via the PR3. Clear as mud?

It's a great setup and the learning curve isn't very steep.

Have fun with it.

YUP...absolutely the best! I use the Digitrax PR3 with JMRI...hands down the ultimate tool! (I use a PC w/XP Win) I think macjet and I started about the same time on using this system....

Yes, I have been using it for about 3 years now. I use Locobuffer II for my computer interface.

If I didn't have DecoderPro, I would be totally lost. It is so easy to make changes, experiment with CV values, upload to decoder when you have a default occur, and best...it has a record of all CV's for that locomotive in a file. When you need to open a Loco's file, just click on it and a window with all the tabs of the CV areas (motor, sound, functions, etc.) are at your finger tips. Each tabbed window has an easy to understand list of the CV's and what they do. Just adjust the values, upload, and that's it. With the increased use in CV's per decoder, particularly sound like the Tsunami, it is a must to have.

Yes, I have been using if for at least three years now. I have it on an NCE system. It has been great in keeping track of all my engines, the CV's in them, the Consists, and the macro's that i set up. When I upgraded my NCE system, I was able to restore the macro's without having to re-enter all that again.

I also us the PanelPro product. It has been great to using as a dispatch panel and am now working toward using it to make up my switch lists and know what assignments are on the road.

Bob

I also us the PanelPro product. It has been great to using as a dispatch panel and am now working toward using it to make up my switch lists and know what assignments are on the road.

Bob

Bob, (hope I didn't spell it backwards;))

I've been looking at that as well. Can you tell us anything about how you're doing it?:)

carey,

I am glad you spelled it right, you won't want to make me Grumpy so close to Thanksgiving. :D

Anyways,

I currently have a panel, See attached, that covers the areas that are automatically controlled by NCE Switch-its, and for blocking I have the BD20's. Using the PanelPro software graphics, I drew out the track plans that make up the Staging area, which is on the lower level of the layout and not easily accessable, as well as the Franklin section which is just far enough back that people who are "vertically challenged":D would have a hard time thowing as well as seeing the direction of the switch.

That said, the panel controls all of the switches in these two areas. It is set up so that I can either throw on switch at a time, (see left side of the drawing, or I can select a route, (see lower right side). As each switch is thrown, the screen graphically displays the switch movement to confirm that the switch-it actually moved the switch. Since the Franklin area is visable, I have the option of letting the operator throw his own switches thru the use of macros. If they do, the screen reflects any switch movement. this also allows me to check to make sure that they didn't leave any switches open causing the next train to go off on the wrong track.

With the latest release of DecoderPro, 2.3.6, their is a operations section, which allows me to enter my entire fleet into the computer. Also, I have to enter all the major destinations, as well as all the sidings. At this point, it is going a little slower, just because of the time of year and everything else I have going on. Currently by looking on the screen you will see three small placards displaying the Engine number of the train that is currently working or holding in that particular area. This is great in the staging as i don't have to write down somewhere or squat down (no easy any more:eek:) to remember what is there. The BD20's signal to the system that a train occupies that section of track as shown by the red track diagrams on the screen.

this has taken a little while to get to, but it has been well worth it. Once I can get the the operations section done, I can get the computer to start learning where each train will go, so I won't have to move these Icons manually.

So much for now,

Bob

Back