JMRI Decoder Pro questions

Chemdawg

I finally figured out how to program my Spectrum USRA 2-10-2 light loco with my digitrax DCS51 setup. Now I'm trying to figure out if I can use decoder pro to do the same thing with.

After experiencing all the issues of programming the loco, I'm not so sure I want to even bother trying.

Here is the scenario:

I am using Digitrax DCS 51 controller, Digitrax PR3 interface, and JMRI decoder pro on my Macbook pro.

In order to program the locos via the digitrax DCS 51 unit, I have to program it on the main with the digitrax set to blast mode (CV 7 to c), and program mode is paged.

Can I even use decoder pro to do anything with this loco? Clearly I cannot read CV's using the digitrax zephyr xtra unit, I cannot read them on JMRI using the loconet setup.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if Decoder pro will even work for me... It's a neat concept, but I guess it's only good for the most common decoders?

oh man, you sure have made quite some threads about this. if you keep everything to gather it is easier to follow for those who might missed/not seen your other threads. perhaps contact moderator to merge all these into one conversation?

to your question, Yes. you could have used decoder pro to do exactly the same. decoder pro is good for any (almost?) decoder. they already have definitions for the newest oem-intermountain ES44 tsunami so i'm quite sure that there is a definition for your decoder as well.

Yeah, I am all over the place here. It's like I figure one thing out, then find something else. But honestly, this is why I'm having problems myself. Cause in the past others have done the same thing. You find stuff ALL OVER the board here. Not just me. Think from this point on, I'm going to keep going with my notes, but I'll use google a bit more to my advantage. Don't wanna look like the bad guy that keeps making posts about the same thing.

Back