Jerry Braet's 'Granger,Denrock & Southern'

Jannie

What ever happend to Jerry Braet ' & his spectacular layout? It was featured in Model Railroader Sep. 1992.I can't find pics of it except for the magazine,would sure like to see more of it,as the magazine only shows several pics.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any info on this layout or Jerry?Does anyone on here know him?It sure is a very smart detailed layout ;)

Update on Jerry Braet's Granger, Denrock and Southern

What ever happend to Jerry Braet ' & his spectacular layout? It was featured in Model Railroader Sep. 1992.I can't find pics of it except for the magazine,would sure like to see more of it,as the magazine only shows several pics.... :)
Anyone still looking for Jerry Braet's Granger, Denrock and Southern John Allen tribute layout info?
I am one of his current operators. Sadly, Jerry has disposed of most of the original G,D&S layout. Happily, however, he has moved on to On3 RGS and Proto:48 freelance O scale modeling. His modeling/artist skills have not dimished but rather improved beyond museum quality. I have several sections of the HOn3 portion of the original layout. Jerry has kept the roundhouse and a number of the FSM structures as a approx 4x6 layout in the corner of his rec room for the grand children to run.
In place of the old HO layout Jerry has created a magnificent 3 level layout of the RGS from Ridgway-Vance Junction-Lizard Head Pass-Rico-Dolores-McPhee-Durango. As of this posting, he has completed approx 80-90% of the layout. On the lower level (old fart height, i.e. chair accessable) Jerry has built a Proto:48 masterpiece with dual gauge trackwork. The layout runs as great as it looks.
Those of us who are priviliged enough to operate the layout are continually amazed at his progress and level of detail. Jerry belongs to a midwest group called the "The Narrow Gauge Circle" hosted by Caboose Stop Hobbies (Cedar Falls, Iowa) owner Merlyn Lauber. Not to take away from the many great layouts that I have seen in that group and at conventions, Jerry's RGS ranks at the top. And it is not just the layout, but his entire rolling stock and motive power roster is award winning quality. Jerry has won numerous awards for his On3 rolling stock at National Narrow Gauge and NMRA conventions. His friends have to crow about his accomplishments because Jerry is simply too modest to make a fuss over his creations.

I have photos of his RGS/Proto 48 layout but do not have access at this time to post them. Jerry and I have discussed putting together a photo session and submitting them to the mags in the near future. Perhaps I can work on that now that I have photo editing software at home.

Very cool & thx.Any pics?? Hav been more than yr & a half since I've been on here.....much more to come from my own layout....as I havn't posted or actually built much since beginning '11 ;)> hope all had a super New Years!

Back