Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah... that was the part that was confusing me. On the RTR version there are no lenses and the bulb is what becomes flush with the outside edge of the shell. I could easily get the LED's on the inside of the shell but I would need some lenses to fill in the holes to make it look right on the outside.

Brad, dropped an envelope at the post office on my way to work. You should get it in a couple of days

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, it's what we do for eachother that
Makes this hobby different than most.

Just arrived from it's former home in Canada. Thank you Stephen!!!!

100_1592.jpg

Jerome, or anyone else for that matter!

I'm looking to possibly replace the handrail running along the side hood of my SW9 because it is curved (see photo). Plus I was hoping to add a similar handrail on my RSC2, see proto photo, runs from the front numberboard back to the cab. Just wondering how and what you use to make a nice looking handrail?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Thanks Jerome, and do you know how many come per pack? Do you have a close up view of one installed on a model?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason, they come 4 per package. Here's a picture of an SW7 with them installed on the hood. I didn't add the long handrail because I made handrails for the sill instead.

100_1593.jpg

Jason, they come 4 per package. Here's a picture of an SW7 with them installed on the hood. I didn't add the long handrail because I made handrails for the sill instead.

Thanks Jerome for the photo, do you know where/if they sell the smaller rail handrail connectors for the hood? Basically the smaller connectors between the larger ones that your model doesn't have. If you have the newest Walthers flyer with the Rock Island SW cover, it shows them in good detail. Not exactly sure what they are called though!

Thanks, Jason

Jason, I don't think anyone makes the part your talking about. It has 2 little nubs that the handrail lays between, right??

Jason, I don't think anyone makes the part your talking about. It has 2 little nuns that the handrail lays between, right??

This isn't the best pic with the milwaukee road black as a backdrop, but I think we are talking about the same parts. The connection on the left of the photo is the part you referenced with a link, the one on the right is what I'm talking about. Basically it just has the handrail running through it. Not sure why the SW1200 had 3 of the detail associates parts on each side? You mentioned they are lift rings?

Looking at my Milwaukee Road Diesel Power book (which is an awesome resource by the way...) it shows a ton of the early SW switchers with either 2 or 3 lift rings on each side of the hood that the handrail is attached to/through. I guess I could just glue a very small piece of styrene in the neighborhood of where the handrail connections would be. I'm really looking to place upper handrails on an RSC2. Not sure why they have them up there when there is a handrail along the running boards? :confused:

Thanks, jason

Jason, I see now what your looking at. I was at work earlier and couldn't see it on my phone. The best thing to do with those would be to cut off the railing, and drill a #80 hole through it and then run the brass wire through it. Athearn has this style on theirs.

100_1600.jpg

Jason, I see now what your looking at. I was at work earlier and couldn't see it on my phone. The best thing to do with those would be to cut off the railing, and drill a #80 hole through it and then run the brass wire through it. Athearn has this style on theirs.

100_1600.jpg

Sorry to be a thread hijacker :eek:, but are those cast on the athearn shell or separate detail parts? I might just skip replacing the crooked handrails on the SW1200 but am still interested in the RSC2, wish I had a better photo of that...

Thanks, Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back