Jerome's Switcher Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I call dibs on any that say Norfolk Southern and/or have a horse one them :D

And any that say Belfast and Moosehead Lake on them :D

Sorry Eric, these were just run of the mill dummies that I haven't done anything too yet. 3 ConRail and 1 CSX.

100_1926.jpg

Two Athearn SW1500's arrived on my doorstep today :D. There is a pic of my current roster added as an attachment. Now I have four projects to work on.

As regards the two new SW 1500's, the running boards look very smooth. I noticed there are some posts earlier in the thread about Cannon & Co. mesh etchings, however it seems they don't quite fit the new models. Is there any information anyone can give me about mesh etchings for the runnning boards.

I was thinking of replacing the front radiator grills (not the top ones) with Detail Associate mesh grills, but the plastic castings actually look quite good. Has anyone used those grill details and are they worth it?

Guys,

Go here for everything you ever wanted to know on detailing an SW-1500:

http://www.pbase.com/tracktime/liz_sw1500

This lady is probably the best I've ever seen. Her work is incredible.

PS: Here it is painted & weathered. Is she good or what?

http://www.pbase.com/tracktime/image/113741369

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl, I'm trying to diversify my collection a bit. I've added MP15's, more ALCO's, and oddball switchers as I can find them. I even bought this little guy last week.

100_1940.jpg

It has an all metal body, runs pretty good, but I think there might be a piece missing under the cab. Maybe place an air tank on each side to cover up the drive gear??

Karl, I'm trying to diversify my collection a bit. I've added MP15's, more ALCO's, and oddball switchers as I can find them. I even bought this little guy last week.

100_1940.jpg

It has an all metal body, runs pretty good, but I think there might be a piece missing under the cab. Maybe place an air tank on each side to cover up the drive gear??

that is a very interesting one. Would that be consider a Plymouth or a home based one?

100_1940.jpg

Coooooool lil critter!!!:D

That's an interesting looking little critter Jerome. I look forward to seeing what you will do to it.

If anyone wants to have a go at scratch building, I have some plans for the Whitcomb DE-19a 65 ton center cab with low hood. I checked on possible chassis' and the GE 70 tonner comes out pretty close. The main issue seems to be that the wheels are too small (the Whitcomb had 42" dia wheels).

PaulB

If anyone wants to have a go at scratch building, I have some plans for the Whitcomb DE-19a 65 ton center cab with low hood. I checked on possible chassis' and the GE 70 tonner comes out pretty close. The main issue seems to be that the wheels are too small (the Whitcomb had 42" dia wheels).

PaulB

Paul,
I most definately am interested, that is if the center cab you describe looks like this.
MMID102.jpg

I need one of these to finish out my Maryland Midland roster!:D

MMID102JVC.jpg

It appears I am looking for a much higher hood 65 Ton Whitcomb.
So I need either
a) plans to scratchbuild one for myself
or
b) my fairy Godmother to bestow on me one of the few that were made in brass

I guess my best option is finding plans!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back