Is HO or N better with DCC?

Carey is correct, DCC is not a problem with the steel railed EZ Track. Also, he made a good point. Bachmann's EZ Command system is a good way to get started in DCC without spending a lot of money, however, for $50-$60 more, you can get a DCC system by NCE that is expandable in the future and it has tons more features than the EZ Command. It is something to consider. If you only want to run a couple trains at a time but not have all the features DCC can offer, and want to save money, consider the Bachmann. If you think you will run more than a couple trains at a time and want to take advantage of all the options DCC offers, then something like the NCE Power Cab system would be the way I would go. Shopping around on the internet may get you a good buy on a DCC controller.

Shameless plug?:p

Well along the same lines, Digitrax also makes a basic set, the Zephyr, which is also fully expandable as well, and also is fully featured. IIRC doesn't the Zephyr's power supply have more amperage available than the NCE?

Not saying one is better than the other, they are equal in what they do.

G'day Again..The base Bachmann DCC contoller works well but for the extra money..you may as well buy a fully programmable system..I ended up choosing an NCE Powercab..but I also have A Bachmann Dynamis...wireless controller..However NCE's wireless system is also good as I've read , as are numerous others too..How long is a piece of string ?....as they say..Some Bachmann sets come with basic DCC and two DCC loaded locomotives...and are very affordable...My Powercab was $185 delivered..I was very happy with that and I can add boosters and extra transformer power etc later on too if I wish to upgrade....Have a good look around and the prices will astound you..DC , I'm afraid just can't compare or compete nowadays...Cheers Rod..

Back