irocinblue89 its back lol

That looks like a fairly expensive can of worms right there. :p The real big boys are an awesome part of RR history.......but even a model of one in good condition......I wouldn't count on them being great runners due to the length and so many parts to fail.

Mike

That looks like a fairly expensive can of worms right there. :p The real big boys are an awesome part of RR history.......but even a model of one in good condition......I wouldn't count on them being great runners due to the length and so many parts to fail.

Mike
lol theres a whole story behind this loco its been to hell & back :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can't believe that there are three bids on it. I would never consider buying anything like this on ebey. If these problems are known, what else could be wrong ????

The seller tried to pass that off as (test run). It has more than a few problems. But, I will say, the pilot was bent in shipment. It has a terrible bind. (probably what stripped the gears) Good luck to the buyer.

At least the seller is being little more up-front about it this time around.

It sucks that MTH has the shipping. Container issue
All those pilots should not be bent like that

I can not believe that thing went for that much! That is crazy! I now own 3. They all came my way within a week of each other. I might stick one on Evilbay to see what it fetches.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the buyer as a fool. I have three MTH Big Boys. Paid between $550 and $675 for each one. The most recent acquisition was cab number 4014. Paid $625, shipped for free. I have called MTH and found that the parts necessary to repair the loco of topic here would be around $125, which includes labor and return shipping. He paid $400. Add $125 for repair. He's $100 ahead of me. Who's the fool?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the buyer as a fool. I have three MTH Big Boys. Paid between $550 and $675 for each one. The most recent acquisition was cab number 4014. Paid $625, shipped for free. I have called MTH and found that the parts necessary to repair the loco of topic here would be around $125, which includes labor and return shipping. He paid $400. Add $125 for repair. He's $100 ahead of me. Who's the fool?

Yes, in a hobby where scratchbuilding / detailing / tuning is a major part of the hobby, I don't know what the issue is, unless you're the kind of modeller who doesn't want to actually do any modelling. If you save some money, and have to do some tweaking, that's a bonus in my opinion.

If you like to buy stuff and not touch it, then I can see the issue, but if it's a good price, and needs some TLC, then what's the problem?

Back