Introduction

Brooklyn

Hi there! My name in Brooklyn, and I'm an N scale modeler in upstate New York, modeling the transition years of the mid to late '50's thru early '60's. The overall name of the layout is New Amsterdam/Byrness Station. I have a love for both American and British Rails, so about a third of my layout is devoted to a town in Scotland, set in winter, the rest is in Southeastern New York along the Pennsylvania Line, set in Fall. Both are modeled in the same time period, so both steam and diesel are running. Road names on the Byrness side are British Rail, and LNER. New Amsterdam is a mix of New York Central and Pennsylvania Roads, with a few Erie Lackawanna locos in the mix. I run both DC and DCC, the entire layout divided into sectors for isolation. Slowly but surely, DCC is winning out, and eventually I will have to bid farewell to the few locos that are just too much of a challenge to convert, such as my Riverossi Mikado, which is a great runner, but a nightmare to toy with. As budget allows, I am slowly seeing an infiltration of Atlas Gold and Broadway Limited brands on the rails. The brit locos (Dapol and Graham Farish) were all plug and play, so they are all converted. The layout itself is a work in progress, taking up one entire room in my basement and half of another. (Sometimes I wish I'd gone with a smaller plan, as the work ahead of me is a bit daunting.) I'd estimate that only 30% of the layout is scenicked to my standards, at least enough to show anyone. Nothing is bare wood or foam, but the devil is in the details, as they say. I'd love to chat about anything model railroad related, regardless of scale. (I'm a reminiscent HO modeler at heart, but love the expansive size allowed with N scale) I can post photos if anyone is interested in seeing them, but I think that's under a different forum heading. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'm hoping to be a regular contributor to the forum. bye for now. B

Welcome to the group Brooklyn.

Great friendly crew here on this forum.

When you get a chance, start a build thread and show us what you are working on. We love lots of photos!

Feel free to start a thread about your layout. I for one will enjoy the pictures and many others will as well.

(Quick Draw) ;) Mike beat me to the "post reply" button, well done Mike!

Back