Introduction..... Yeah i'm a noooob

Rub

Hi :D

Well where do I start? I have had the train bug every since I was a little tyke. I grew up only a few hundred feet from the tracks. I can remember sitting and watching the trains going by, counting the cars. When I was about 10-14 I had two 4x8 sheets of plywood full of track. I moved to Ohio. Sold every last peice of "train" stuff I had. Here I am...... years later and kicking myself in the @ss every day.

I will be slowly gathering "stuff" to build my layout once again. Only this time I am going for realism.

I will be building a modern layout in HO. I will have 10000000000000000's of questions over time.

I look forward to the challenge!

Welcome to the forums. No matter how many questions that you have, the answer will probably be found on these boards. :)

Hello and welcome! (Or should I say welcome back...?)

Yep, once bitten by the train 'bug', it stays with you forever :D I came back to mrr after a 15-year hiatus.

Welcome Back to the greatest hobby in the world!

The friendly folks here will answer all your questions and more. Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard, Rub. I sold all my train stuff but it was 25 years ago. I got back in the hobby last year, after I forgot all the mistakes I made 25 years ago. :)

Hi Rub and welcome! I too was in the hobby years ago and returned to enjoy in my retirement. Glad to have ya!

Welcome. A good place to start is reading my beginner's guide--click it in my signature. Takes about 5 minutes and might save you a lot of $$$$.

Welcome to the forums. Your story is no stranger to quite a few of us. What part of La crosse do you live in? I live in Holmen. Well, at least for three more weeks I do! Once again, welcome! Remember, the only stupid questions are the ones that I already asked!:D

Thanks all.

Corey,

I live on the south side.

Space mouse,

I have read it........at least 10 times.......:cool:

Hello, Rub, and welcome. It sounds as if you have done a lot of legwork already and also some serious thinking.

Probably the best advice I can give at this point is to second-guess yourself continually as you begin to form a decision about spending some money. Time is one thing, but you don't want to have anyone else close to you wondering where it's all going to end...if you follow. So, commencing with a viable track plan (what does that entail?), knowing full-well that you do or do not want to get involved with DCC from the start, knowing absolutely that you will stick to a given code or manufacturer of any number of rail products, even what numbers of turnouts to use and why...not to mention whose....these all take a bit of time to sort out, to order/make, and then to place in such a way that the end product brings you the most pleasure. And, for the greatest return....timewise.

Above all, though, it should be fun. If it becomes a grace-saving exercise and loses much of its appeal, it won't last very long.

It's always nice to welcome a new modeler.

-Crandell

Crandell, I have done lots of thinking/ponerding and plenty of research. I still have plenty to do.

I will be doing DCC.

We are planning to move in the next few years. So I will not be building anything yet. I figure I have plenty of time to get the plan figured out.

In the meantime I have picked up a few peices of rolling stock. I tryed my hand in weathering. I did ok for a noob, It's been fun.

Back