Intro from Texas

kingnothing395

Good day everyone from the great state of Texas. My son and I have recently gotten into railroading. His grandfather found a small HO scale set of AHM train cars and a loco made in Yugoslavia in someone's attic or basement or something. It might be as old as the 1950s or '60s; I don't know. He gave it to his grandson to play with. We "upgraded" to the Rail Chief set from Bachmann and ordered a bunch of used track on ebay. We're still pretty new to the world's greatest hobby, but we're enjoying it and having fun.

I'll be asking a few questions about track layout geometry and whatnot. Thank you all in advance for the help!

Good day everyone from the great state of Texas. My son and I have recently gotten into railroading. His grandfather found a small HO scale set of AHM train cars and a loco made in Yugoslavia in someone's attic or basement or something. It might be as old as the 1950s or '60s; I don't know. He gave it to his grandson to play with. We "upgraded" to the Rail Chief set from Bachmann and ordered a bunch of used track on ebay. We're still pretty new to the world's greatest hobby, but we're enjoying it and having fun.

I'll be asking a few questions about track layout geometry and whatnot. Thank you all in advance for the help!
Welcome! My first locomotive was a AHM Sante Fe - F unit. I got it for a birthday present, must have been 1969 or so. Several breaks in time, and currently building my 4th layout.

Dave LASM

This one?
1706652922668.jpeg

Which used track did you buy? Track like the old 1960's (snap track) or track like the ones in the set (EZ-Track)?

Basically the curves are going to be 18" radius each standard piece is 30 degrees, so it takes 3 curve tracks to make a 90 degree curve and 12 for a full circle. They also make 1/2 curves and 1/3 curves.

Back