Interoir Details

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Here's my "Gateway Cafe". Built this about 5 years ago. crazycarl made a statement about a freight station I had posted, saying he couldn't do anything like this. I bet he could if he gave it a try.
This is totally scratch built including the doors and windows. I did use some castings for the pot belly stove, cash register, phone, radio and chairs, using small hails for stools, and of course the figures. It was a lot of fun and adds interest to the layout. I don't detail all buildings, but when they can be easily seen, why not !

Attachments

• Picture 303.jpg
    Picture 303.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 229
  • Picture 304.jpg
    Picture 304.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 226
Pfft. Where are the oilcloth tablecloths? C'mon man! :D

Seriously, though, that's pretty impressive stuff. Do I see a spigot on that coffee urn? Geez.

Yes, there is a spiggot on the coffee urn. Sorry about the tablecloths. The interior designer was on vacation. I'll have to post a few others. I also did another diner.

I wonder if it would be possible to print old Formica patterns at HO scale and have them turn out.

Think I'm going to try that later today. I'll print, scan, and upload the results.

Another restaurant

Here's another kit I put interior details into. It has not been permantly installed yet as the town is still under construction.

While we're on the subject, does anyone make lighting fixtures for the interior of buildings? I've seen a few exterior, but nothing I'd put inside.

Interior Details

I don't know what happened to the post I made. It showed up, but I can't find it so I will post it again. In the marhet, I originally had 6 - 12 volt bulbs, but wasn't happy with the results, and replaced them with a 12 volt bulb which is about the sixe of an electronics fuse. You can see the back of the light fixture in the interior shot. I also used it in the Chevy dealer. I believe the fixture came from Walthers.

Attachments

• Picture 318.jpg
    Picture 318.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture 320.jpg
    Picture 320.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 177
Thanks for the response. I was talking more in terms of actual built up lamps or chandeliers with LEDs (for example). I've got a Walthers Cornerstone Gateman's Tower kit and am thinking that the interior will be visible and would look better with a hanging light of some sort.

BTW- Ed's Market looks really nicely lit.

Chevy Dealership

I have seen his work, outstanding. I also collect the Danbuty Mint, Franklin Mint and West Coast Precision Die Casts. Having over a hundred displayed, there's not enough room for a display such as this. The '59, '61 and '62 Cheveys are Westcoast cars. Have one of each. The black '59 Impala I have in black is a duplicate of a '59 Impala I started to restore, and turned into a pro touring or restomod. Looks completely stock from the outside, but has all new suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, a CO6 Corvette engine with a 6 speed manual transmission. That's what I enjoy in the summer months when it finally warms up here in Montana. Work in the trains usually gets done in the winter. I restore classic cars as another hobby.

Attachments

• 59 interior.jpg
    59 interior.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 169
  • 59 front.jpg
    59 front.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 59 rear.jpg
    59 rear.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 160

Back