Intermountain n scale SP cab forward?

brownsville

I have seen plenty of teasers of this--a photo in ModelRaillroader, prices already up on some sites, but no real hard info

Theyre taking orders now but it won't be available untill january? Is this a limited item--"buy now or regret" or will these be more readily available in the future? I'd like to buy several (I model SP, WP and ATSF) but I'd like to know what theyre like before I buy.

Are they set up for DCC or are they DCC friendly?

Don't know. I've seen the same ads and the web site says Nov/Dec. OTOH, all the photos are of the HO models and Intermountain has never produced an N scale steam engine. I'd expect to see at least pre-production photos by now. There's no information about DCC one way or the other but I can't imagine they wouldn't have at least have a DCC plug. This may be one of those models that gets produced only based in the number of pre-orders or IM may already have a production schedule and they might be readily available after release. Since it's vaporware at this point, it's really a lot guessing.

...Since it's vaporware at this point, it's really a lot guessing.

I have to agree with Jim on this. Many, many products that have been announced by several companies have never yet been produced. Until it's on the market, I don't believe it.

If the companies really wants me to buy one of their locos, they'd make it, then give me the opportunity to examine it before I decided to buy it.:rolleyes:

Back