InterMountain ES44DC!

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Since the ES44AC announcement, they've now added the ES44DC. Athearn's slow retooling of the T55 models is going to kill them soon!

http://www.ircmodelersclub.com/hoscale.htm

BNSF H2 Nos. 7661, 7662, 7724, 7737
CSX YN3 Nos. 5207, 5223, 5364, 5398
CN Nos. 2226, 2239, 2240, 2253
NS Nos. 7505, 7519, 7527, 7608
GE Demonstrator #2011
BNSF New Image Yellow Logo #7695

Just emailed Josh to pre-order BNSF #7695.

Since the ES44AC announcement, they've now added the ES44DC. Athearn's slow retooling of the T55 models is going to kill them soon!

http://www.ircmodelersclub.com/hoscale.htm

BNSF H2 Nos. 7661, 7662, 7724, 7737
CSX YN3 Nos. 5207, 5223, 5364, 5398
CN Nos. 2226, 2239, 2240, 2253
NS Nos. 7505, 7519, 7527, 7608
GE Demonstrator #2011
BNSF New Image Yellow Logo #7695

Just emailed Josh to pre-order BNSF #7695.

ive heard about them but i dunno the price, what r they goin for?

Crud, I should have looked at the new posts before posting my new thread about the AC's and DC's :rolleyes: I would have just posted in this thread instead of starting a new one lol

I cannot believe how much IM is stepping up here and doing these 2 HUGE locomotives, I believe there going to sell out very quickly, and IM is going to be very pleased on how they sell, and hopefully in return will do another run of them....

Dallas, the DCC version sells for $179.95 and the DCC/SOUND sells for $259.95. But those are retail prices... :D

They are doing the AC's in the Kansas City Southern de Mexico pain scheme, figured you might be interested in this one since you just pre-ordered the new Athearn GP40 in that paint lol

Crud, I should have looked at the new posts before posting my new thread about the AC's and DC's :rolleyes: I would have just posted in this thread instead of starting a new one lol

I cannot believe how much IM is stepping up here and doing these 2 HUGE locomotives, I believe there going to sell out very quickly, and IM is going to be very pleased on how they sell, and hopefully in return will do another run of them....

Dallas, the DCC version sells for $179.95 and the DCC/SOUND sells for $259.95. But those are retail prices... :D

They are doing the AC's in the Kansas City Southern de Mexico pain scheme, figured you might be interested in this one since you just pre-ordered the new Athearn GP40 in that paint lol

i aint got the money for it! if not i would, just recently got laid off. i'm still gettin the gp40-2's tho. but yea, now im mad as hell. i had an athearn ac4400cw in retro belle colors and i left to mexico, came back to find it was crushed in the driveway!!!! someone broke into my house while i was gone and stole all my trains, i guess they dropped that one and ran it over on the way out! let me just say i had 7 athearn locomotives, all UP wide cabs, and a 47 walthers well car intermodal train with all 53' athearn containers. i was so pissed! why cant they make insurance for model trains?

i aint got the money for it! if not i would, just recently got laid off. i'm still gettin the gp40-2's tho. but yea, now im mad as hell. i had an athearn ac4400cw in retro belle colors and i left to mexico, came back to find it was crushed in the driveway!!!! someone broke into my house while i was gone and stole all my trains, i guess they dropped that one and ran it over on the way out! let me just say i had 7 athearn locomotives, all UP wide cabs, and a 47 walthers well car intermodal train with all 53' athearn containers. i was so pissed! why cant they make insurance for model trains?

They do make model train insurance, i dont have it though simply because im 14 and dont have enough of a collection to make it worthwhile. Still your homeowners didnt cover any of it?

They do make model train insurance, i dont have it though simply because im 14 and dont have enough of a collection to make it worthwhile. Still your homeowners didnt cover any of it?

they sais i needed proof, i have no pics or reciepts of them, the locomotive reciepts were in the locomotive boxez witch they took and the cars were in car storage boxez

Last edited by a moderator:
they sais i needed proof, i have no pics or reciepts of them, the locomotive reciepts were in the locomotive boxez witch they took and the cars were in car storage boxez

oh i see, wow thats bad, i hope the cops catch them soon!
did you have any pics of your layout with the trains or would that be insuffiecnt?

Dallas, I'm really sorry to hear your trains got stolen. You can get insurance and you don't need to keep receipts. Just take pictures of each new locomotive with at least showing the manufacturer name and model number. You can always get the MSRP from the net and it's better to use that than receipts, especially if you got a good deal, since the insurance company is going to give you the depreciated value from the price you paid, not the MSRP. Most insurance companies sell hobby riders with your homeowners insurance and it's not expensive. It's also a good idea to take videos of each room of the house, including the layout or collection, since it's almost impossible to reconstuct what you had, especially after a fire. Anything you've done to a model that increases that value above the standard model should also be documented. Bob just went through this and can give you some good advice.

I'm glad to see Intemountain break out of the F unit line and go with some more modern power. If they run and looks as good at the F units, the should be good models...if they can keep them in stock. This has always been a problem with Intermountain.

Dallas, I too am very sorry to hear that news, Jim had some good suggestions that I think should do as well

I'm glad to see Intemountain break out of the F unit line and go with some more modern power. If they run and looks as good at the F units, the should be good models...if they can keep them in stock. This has always been a problem with Intermountain.

Intermountain may seem like a large company, but they are actually fairly small. From the very beginning IM has been mostly doing their productions based off of what they get pre-orders for, and only doing a very small percentage over what they know has been reserved. Its just how they choose to do things, and its a way for them to ensure they dont have stock sitting for years and years because they over produced them. If the item sells well, they announce another run and see how many pre-orders they can get in. IM also does sometimes cancel runs of new items due to lack of pre-orders. Its silly, but I have noticed more and more of the manufactures following IM's ways of production runs.

Josh, I asked it you were an Intermountain dealer in another thread so I guess this answers my question. I really want to like Intermountain, since they make the last easy to assemble plastic freight car kits, and their locomotives are good quality. My heartache with them is, just when I get ready to order from them, at least half of what I want is out of stock. It wouldn't be so bad if it was out of stock for a few weeks but it's usually months, and sometimes it's never produced again, even though it's still on their web site. They are also really poor at following up about the status of OOS items. I know they are a small company but it seems to me they are trying to expand their line much too quickly, without enough capital. I'd be a lot happier to see them concentrate on a smaller product line and keep them in stock. For example, their F-7 line has 39 Paint schemes! Concentrating on the top 10 or 15 schemes seems like a lot better idea.

If you get collectors insurance, you can insure for whatever you feel its worth. Heck you could pay for $1M worth of blanket insurance to cover all collectibles you have in your house, and most companies will pay out that value if you file reports... It really depends on the insurance company you use, and how you get your coverage. I plan to submit excel files with what I have, to insure my stuff, soon...

Back