Intermountain and red caboose cars. trucks?

tankist

a question to owners of these cars - do they come stock with accurail trucks?
asking on behalf of oversees modeler that just discovered on his new cars he ordered. wants to know whether its coincidence or thats how these companys do their cars.

thanks!

I didn't check all of my RC or Intermountains. I have too many too. But of the kits I did check, all have the Accurail trucks and plastic wheels. When built, the wheels will be replaced with metal ones.

It's hit and miss.

I have 5 or so various Red Caboose models:

BNFE R-70 reefer has metal semi scale wheelsets with working roller bearings
ICG coil car with IC deathstar hoods has metal semi scale wheelsets with standard Accurail roller bearing trucks
ICG coil car with ICG hoods has metal semi scale wheelsets with a 3-piece equalized roller bearing trucks (similar to the older Intermountain trucks without the separate brake gear)
IC drop bottom gons (2 of them) with metal semi scale wheelsets and standard Accurail friction bearing trucks

For Intermountain, I have more RTR cars and no kits. The older run (in the red and white box with the fold-open cover) I have several PS1 50' boxcars with Intermountain wheelsets in Accurail friction bearing trucks.
In the ACF centerflow covered hoppers, the Pinnacle series corn syrup tank cars, and some of the PS2CD 4750 cu ft covered hoppers, I have the standard Intermountain 100 ton roller bearing trucks. I do have one or two PS2CD covered hoppers from an earlier run that had the Intermountain equalized 100 ton trucks, but replaced them with standard Intermountain 100 ton roller bearing trucks, as the equalized ones fell apart all the time and couldn't be glued.

Back