Icing Docks

DakotaLove39

Always Improvising
Hey guys, I'm searching for a prototype.

My club has this double-track overhead icing dock, and our recently instated scenery man has it in his head that it doesn't look right.

I swear I have seen an icing platform like this one,; I'm just not sure where. Can anyone help?

37.jpeg 39.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm too young to have any first hand knowledge of how these worked, but from what I've seen and heard, ice supply was typically done from the side...
1648410025832.png

This is the closest I could find in a google search. It's an overhead ice loader, dumping ice block chips into the open hatches.
1648410097899.png

Again, I've never seen one of these places myself, I'm just working off what the internet teaches me (everything there is real, right?).

The model in your club looks like a logical method of working, though that setup would require every reefer and coupler to be perfectly dimensioned and the hatches to all work as designed every time. Because those factors are too flexible, I would think the operation would not be as efficient as the design intention. Still a cool model. I'm of the mindset that not everything needs to exactly replicate the real world, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

edited for spelling errors

Back