I just wanted to say...

mantua mike

I really enjoy this forum. What a great bunch of folks ! Everyone is helpful and non critical. Positive comment and insights everywhere . The criticisms I do read are constructive not nit picky. The responses to my "how did you pick your handle" were great. I like to get to know a little about the people I talk to. Some of them were funny (gator do ), one really touched me as my sons are getting to the age where " trains aren't cool anymore"( heart breaking). Love the 68 Cuda pics. I'm a Mopar guy myself, still in search of my unobtainable 71 Hemi Cuda. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks all.

Ditto.

I actually feel bad if I ever say something critical, but luckily everyone seems to accept it in the "positive critique" mode offered...

I'm a Mopar guy myself, still in search of my unobtainable 71 Hemi Cuda.

Last I checked, Walthers still had 1/87 scale Hemi Cudas in stock (in purple, like the one here on my layout, and 4 other colors). Maybe its not so unattainable after all.

I'll also take this opportunity to thank everyone here. I have learned a lot since I joined, and I love seeing everyone's progress on their own layouts.

Attachments

• Gils Cuda in HO.JPG
    Gils Cuda in HO.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 186
Now if I could just get myself down to 1/87th scale. Sublime paint though please with the black billboard stripes.

Sorry for taking this off topic, but I thought Sublime (Limelight) was a 1970 only color for Mopars. Ricko's 1/87 scale 71 Hemi Cuda did come in Sassy Grass Green though (a 71 only color I believe).
Please ignore the other Sassy Grass Hemi Cuda at the other end of the tunnel. The mirror in the tunnel isn't usually viewed at this angle.

Attachments

• cuda.JPG
    cuda.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited by a moderator:
You're probably right. I also believe the 71 Hemi convertible had VERY low production numbers. 70's fine I just like the 71 grill better haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a Mopar guy by any means. But I too would love to have a 1971, Hemi cuda convertible. Wasn't there only like 26 produced?

I knew that it was very few in number, and I also know that unless I win the PCH sweepstakes, the chances of me ever getting to have one will be slim and none, and slim just left town!

I'm new here so I can't be judging things yet. But, I see changing the subject happens. :rolleyes::D

Bye the way, my wish is for another '69 Yenko Camaro. I blew that Hemi Cuda off the track. :eek:

Threads here are just like trains in real life..........sometimes they get derailed! I have to agree, this is without a doubt, the best and friendliest model railroading site around. I belong to a couple of others but this is the one I enjoy the most.

I know 10 times more now about wiring, soldering and heck knows what else than I did a month ago, and that is 100% thanks to the people here.

While I have never been a member of another Railway Forum, I have been a member of numerous Flight Forums, and each and everyone of those other forums has had its share of "prima donna's" and people who just like to criticize for the sake of being critical, and/or argumentative. I have asked a lot of questions in here and have contributed little by comparison. Every reply I have received has been helpful and informative. This truly is the only forum I have been associated with where it doesn't matter if you have been around Model Railroading for 100 years or a 100 minutes, you are treated with respect.

Basically, if it weren't for the people here, I'd still be sitting here wondering what on earth to do.

FSX and FS9 but mainly FSX now a days. Commercial aircraft ... 737-700, 747-400, A320/21; General Aviation ... Bell 206, and King Air; other Hercules C-130. Most of my flight time (over the past 10 years) has been on Vatsim.

Haven't flown for ages though since dismantling my flight equipment for this layout. Have also spent god knows how many hours in a Commercial Boeing 727 Training Simulator and on a Hercules C-130 Training Simulator.

I think my love of flying is a little more than railroading at the moment though. Probably because I have been flying for so long and am very comfortable with it. Only thing I don't like, too much, about FS is its lack of flight planning ability, hence my using a number of third party software for such things.

In the real world though, I have flown an old WW2 converted Dove Bomber and that was a huge kick! Have had a back seat ride in an F/A 18, done some coast watching in an Orion out over Bass Strait and spent a lot of hours in Huey's. More recently I had the opportunity of working on an F14 Tomcat and Warthog. In all reality, I should have gotten my commercial pilots licence and probably would have had it not been for the cost.

Drop me an email if you'd like to talk more about flight though. Always have time for that :)

Cool, I used to jump out of C 130's when I was in the army. Not sure what I was thinking back then. I just sold a Thorp T-18 Tiger. Scary little bugger.

Well, Mantua Mike, you didn't specify what size you wanted that Hemi in with your original post....reminds me of my wife's desire to have an original year Ford Mustang for her birthday one year. She never specified the size, so, when she opened up one small present and got a Matchbox Mustang...it is the red convertible she wanted!

Photoman475
Proprietor of the Anthracite Division of the Bankrupt Lines, America's only true transcontinental railroad!

Mantua,
Thanks for the recognition, I'm very humbled and glad gator do ( became his nickname ) can still reach out and touch people! Best damn pit bull I ever owned next to Chesty Puller!
L to R
Gator, Cheyenne and Taz

Also, a Big thank you to the members! Without the advice, comments and expertise my railroad and that term is very loose in my case! Would not exist but in my mind!

OK, off topic I second the Yenko!!

Attachments

• 1962.JPG
    1962.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 164
After perusing numerous other railroad forums, I decided to sign up with this one because there aren't any prima donas and everyone is helpful.

Back