I have a question..

Unfortunately, that controller is one of the best and friendliest at Kennedy Tower. Bad judgement, yes. Unfortunately, his supervisor will probably hang for it too.

Ya I saw this on the news tonight. The played the part where the kid was talking to a mexican airliner and was trying to speak spanish and said "audios amigos!"

I was like... wtf? How that dang kid get access to the radio. geeeeezus!

Well he was under adult supervision... so i guess he was being told what to say. Funny news of the day :)

Stupid - but no one was in danger

A stupid this to do? YES!

But no one was hurt, no planes crashed, give the guy a smack and get on with life!.

But no one was hurt, no planes crashed, give the guy a smack and get on with life!.

Agreed, the father was standing right there, no harm done. Had something of happened, he could have easily grabbed the radio and taken control. I honestly think this is rediculous.

I have a feeling with the amount of coverage this received he is going to receive more than a smack.

I also feel that if the father was right there telling him what to say (obviously he was) give him a reprimand and move on.

Agreed, the father was standing right there, no harm done. Had something of happened, he could have easily grabbed the radio and taken control. I honestly think this is rediculous.

I have a feeling with the amount of coverage this received he is going to receive more than a smack.

I also feel that if the father was right there telling him what to say (obviously he was) give him a reprimand and move on.

Agreed as well. This was a case of bad judgment by the controller and the supervisor, and its getting out of hand. Neither the controller or the supervisor deserve to loose their jobs over this and i think alot of people are really over reacting, especially the news channels. Now if this happens again after they have been told not to, then i would say take some action, but good grief, give the guys a break. The kid was obviously being coached and told what to say to the pilots....

Agreed as well. This was a case of bad judgment by the controller and the supervisor, and its getting out of hand. Neither the controller or the supervisor deserve to loose their jobs over this and i think alot of people are really over reacting, especially the news channels. Now if this happens again after they have been told not to, then i would say take some action, but good grief, give the guys a break. The kid was obviously being coached and told what to say to the pilots....

Sheeesh. There was nothing that happened. No scenes of death, doom and destruction but the media vultures picked up on this and no we'll see vengence given.

Meanwhile, a real problem will show up and nothing will come of it---:rolleyes:

Back