How do you wire this for DCC?

Nucular

How would I wire this for DCC?

Howtowire_zpsdc650bd4.png

You probably already know this, but I believe you are going to need a reversing unit to change the polarity of the wye you have (lower left triangular area). I've never wired a wye, but have used a auto-reversing unit. Essentially you have to isolate the affected area where a train's polarity would have to be reversed as it enters and leaves the block; otherwise you'll get a short circuit. You need to make sure your isolated section of track is large enough to accommodate your biggest train.

Brad

I would isolate the left branch of the Y and treat it as a reversing section. Everything else would just be feeders and gapped rails if needed for power routing turnouts.

As for the reversing section, you can go cheap and use a double pole, double throw electrical switch to match polarity (you will have to stop your engine when throwing the switch), or with DCC you can use an AR-1 auto reversing unit.

wiring for dcc is practicaly the same for DC, perhaps easier, but for complicated trackwork and blocking it out for signals its still track breaking cuts. Wyes are always your shorting issue, one leg somewhere is getting a DPDT switch/selenoid somewhere. If this is all snap track you wont need breaks except on the wye leg and a DPDT switch to reverse its polarity, DCC is AC but when reversed, you still short.

Back