hogshed tobacco car

railman2099

hello to all my fellow model railroaders out there im i recently contacted walthers about making an ho scale model of the hogshed tobacco cars that the southern railroad had and later northfolk southern railroad if you are like me and would love to see a model of this car be put into production then please join me in in the cause if walthers gets enough request forthese cars then there isa reallygood chance they will be made so im asking all my fellow model railroaders out there for help by sending walthers an email or by giving them a call and requesting them to put the hogshed cars into production thank you to allthose who will show intrest in this cause the railman:)

Can you tell us where we might find a photo of the hogshed tobacco car? I will see if one can be found on google images in the mean time.

Also......is it hogs head? Or hog shed? Head or shed?

Last edited by a moderator:
hog shed

hello there are some pics on google and it is pronounced hog shed or hog shead to some im really pushing this plan of action to get walthers intrested in producing these cars in ho scale i know that i cant be the only one wishing and hoping for these cars

Like this one here.....aye?

p797060012-3.jpg

hogshed

yes sir thats the car im talking about im tryin to get fellow modelers to contact walthers and request that they make these cars in ho scale now i know southern had them and northfolk southern had them and ive heard northfolk and western may have had them as well i dunno for sure but im thinking the more request walthers gets to more likely they are to make them so if you can and are willing please help out with this cause by calling or emailing walthers and request this car to be produced and spread the word of this cause aswell thanks the railman:)

Update

just to let all those who have shown intrest in the cause of getting walthers to bring models of the hogshead tobacco cars i have once agin contacted walthers via email about these cars and this cause i have going if anybody has called or emailed walthers i would like to think you in helping me with this i would also like to keep asking for help with this cause pleae continue to help with this if you are like me and wish for ho scale models of these cars to be a reality contact walthers and request for them to produce these beautiful cars tell them they wont be disappointed thanks again john aka the railman:)

There is a wood car kit of this car that was produced by Ambroid back in the 1960's-1970's. At one time I had 5 of these monsters from them. A great car kit, but now too modern for my tastes. IIRC these cars were 95' over the couplers. The N&W never had these.

i recieved an email from walthers they are gonna turn my suggestion for the hogshead tobacco cars into there production tean so please continue to help this cause by contacting walthers about making these care thanks again the railman

Back