HO PROTO 1000 Diesel EMD GP15-1

rustam

Good day!

I want to buy a locomotive - HO PROTO 1000 Diesel EMD GP15-1 (US $74,50)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here he writes about the model seller:

Walthers Proto
PROTO 1000 Diesel EMD GP15-1 Powered
Missouri Pacific(TM) #1700 (Farr Air Filters)
Walthers Part # 920-35083 HO scale, $99.98, retail

*DCC-Ready - Accepts 9-Pin Plug

*14:1 Gear Ratio for Easy Multiple-Unit Operations

*Helical Gears for Ultra-Quiet & Smooth Operation 1700.jpg

*Five-Pole, Skew-Wound Can Motor

*Proto MAX(TM) Metal Knuckle Couplers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beg you to tell me -

Please tell me this is a good model?
Who is this model?
Which is better to buy a decoder for this model?

Yes, this is a good model. It is not very much detailed as others, but costs much less, and less tiny parts to break when handling.
Model is Walthers, made in China. Prototype is EMD (General Motors) light road switch engine. Good for use in marshaling yards and local delivery. Can also be used on road train if needed.
Lenz makes a good decoder, and should be available in Europe.

Thank you very much for your answer!

I am very interested in information. Good thing you said like that diesel used on the railway.

I have already booked on Ebay this model.

;-)

I have this one, along with several other 4 axle Proto 1000's and they all run well, and look good too. Only recent vintage locos I've bought that don't run decently at all out of the box was a couple of Bachmann C44-8W's that had electrical issues. Both were easily fixed, bad solder joints on both, REALLY bad. At first, they made some crazy noises too, but after I took them completely apart and cleaned the gunk out of them (A mix of plastic dust and grease), and running them on a friend's layout for 24+ hours straight, they quieted down, and now just sound odd compared to my Athearns and especially my Kato SD-40.

Hi everyone! The other day I received my long-awaited parcel!
Along with this engine I bought 2 cars and 1 Caboose. For his collection. I can not buy just one locomotive;-)

Yes, a good model! No extra parts, which sometimes simply prevent... and can otlamatsya from accidental contact with anything )))
It seems to me that this model can be compared with the models from Bachmann.

The only thing that I did not like is the weak plastic on the handrails and railings. One was already broken new in the box. It is a pity, but I will be more careful to take the model of your hands)))

I have yet to break in the model and to understand how the engine is running at low speed.

In the meantime, I am very satisfied! I love it! He immediately went on my shelf with the models.

p.s. by the way! what decoder is here?

GP15_1700_1.jpgGP15_1700_2.jpgGP15_1700_3.jpgGP15_1700_4.jpg

The plastic of the handrails is broken easily. A drop of glue (called super glue, or cyanoacrylate adhesive) will help it keep together.

Back