Hi there from Justin at Haven in Elyria, OH

Justin Porter

Hi everyone.

I'm Justin, an on again-off again model railroader with stints in N and HO, a fondness for ALCO diesels, and part-owner of Haven Raceway & Hobby in Elyria, OH. I'm looking forward to getting to know folks, getting a better understanding of what railroaders want now, and - hopefully - transforming the basement of our shop into a functioning layout.

Welcome to the forum Justin. Welcome.gif I am also a big fan of Alco locomotives. Started my layout over 30 years ago and at the time, Atheran was the best bang for the buck until Atlas brought out their line of Also RS locomotives. Bought one and was so impressed I have around a dozen that I have custom painted for my freelance railroad.

0020.jpg Herd of Alcos.jpg

Good luck on getting the basement ready for a layout. Stop by the Coffee Shop for a cup and meet some of the members.

I've seen the lists and lists of Atlas RS's from my wholesalers and it makes my head spin! lol Great to see they're so well liked though. At the moment, the darling of my little box of leftover locos is a Walther FA in Warbonnet colors I bought when I was in 7th grade.

I think you have a hand up on most of us being part owner of a hobby shop. Where I live up here in Montana I have absolutely nothing in the way of hobby shops available.

Back