Hey there

Hanger

Well I am a new member to the forum. I have been reading a lot, but decided to get a user name and become kind of active.

I am also kind of new to model railroading, still trying to learn all the terms you guys use.

I know how difficult it can be to relate to someone new to this, but please bear with me, as I try my best to learn everything I can going forward.

Thank!

Welcome to the board. theres a few newbies around. I'm in the same boat as you. Just learning what i can.

DO you have anything yet? WHat scale do you collect?

I like the HO scale. I really looked into the N scale but felt my hands were just too big to feel comfortable with it.

I don't have much right now, just some odd Athearn and some EZ Track. Still trying to figure some things out and how I can/want to do things.

Well HO is the best IMO! I'm going to get in trouble for that comment. lol

I feel the same way, N scale is way too small for me. I always feel like i'm goign to break it.

But if you think thats bad, there is always Z Scale. The smallest of them all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Hanger and welcome aboard. Do you have a first name we can use? Hanger just doesn't sound very railroady. :) Since you're brand new to the hobby, I really recommend you take the time to read the NMRA beginner's Guide at http://www.nmra.com/beginner/. It will answer a lot of questions you have and give you a firm foundation of how model railraoding works. I wouldn't settle on any scale yet. You need to understand the pros and cons of each and how they will inot whatever space you have available. Read the guide and browse through the threads here. Post any questions you have and someone here will have the answers.

Welcome to the forum!

I've been model railroading for over 50 years. There's still a whole lot I don't know and I'm glad there's forums like this to ask questions. Sometimes I feel like a newbie myself!

Your choice of scale will depend on what you feel comfortable with. Each scale has advantages and disadvantages. Go for what makes you feel comfortable.

Finally, never be afraid to ask questions, no matter how dumb you think they are. Everyone, and I mean everyone, started out the same as you. The smart ones asked questions!

Darrell, quiet...for now

Hi Bryan. You'll find a lot of good people of all skill levels here. The photo forums are not only impressive but also inspirational and informative. Enjoy.

Back