Help with my First N Scale Layout.

yes it's the woodland scenics, I have a 2% and 2 3%'s and I ended up combining them and just kind of kitbashing my inclines, I dont think anything breaks 2.5% as I added in quite a bit of blocks here and there to extend the incline and keep it as smooth as possible... Getting some more work done I will post pics when I get the chance.

Once again the speed at which you've got all this implemented is astonishing. If I didn't know better I'd say that your missus is away on vacation and you're tryiong to get it finished before she comes back!

"WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED TO THE OFFICE?!"

"Whatever are you talking about dear? It's always been like this"
:rolleyes:

:D

No Bob....I was trying to say....it's great that it's normal. :p

Mike

hehe Very True!

I have been pretty busy getting everthing moving along, I have most of the wiring done, I had a real nightmare with it, I am using a combo of Kato Feeders along with my own soldered in where needed.. So I start to fire it up and it faulted... When I fist wired it up I was kinda in a hurry and didnt have barrier strips and the like, so troubleshooting it became a nightmare, to the point I lost my temper and ripped all the wiring out, searched the internet until I came upon something I could understand in my current mental state.... I went and picked up the jumpers and barrier strips, came home wired it all up... Also as I went I would power the section up and test it.. When I tested the last section it faulted, I went under the layout and looked at the wiring, everything was correct... Scratching my head I filp the kato feeder and check to see they are all correct, so for just a joke I flipped the kato feeder and BAM it worked.. So I took that feeder out and took the cover off the bottom, and some joker at Kato decided it would be funny if he reversed the connections INSIDE the cover....

I will hunt him down and find him, and give him 50 lashings with 5 pieces of ATLAS Flex Track taped together...

So Called PROGRESSION!

The Work Continues!! im tired tho hehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic progress!! Yes, your wife might be happy at the progress you've made while she's been gone, but will she be happy that you turned her kitchen into your train room?????

ok pics of some progress...

I wanted to re-create one of my favorite fishing spots in the middle of the mountains,

Red Rock Canyon

if an 86ft hicube can make it, anything can lol...

GO TROUT lol

Then for some crazy reason I wanted a waterfall here..

So here we go

Kinda how it looks now lol

Mohr to come

hehe Thank's Guys! The Kitchen Cabinets came from a leftover workbench I used to have, I needed some storage under the layout, so I used the three I had and incorparated them as part of the benchwork.. It was not easy, but I managed to use them and they work great.. I still need to add the sliding drawers that will house the DCC system and other controls, I want them to be able to be pulled out to use, then slide them back under the layout like giant keyboard drawers, that way every section can be slid out for use if needed, and they are just going to house turnout controls with a map of the section.. That way when the layout is not in use you wont see any of this stuff..

Here are some pics of where I am today..

I was able to get the top bridge installed and it even has feeders attached to it, and are well hidden, im almost done with the lower bridge, I had to bash the heck out of it too.. I still need to do some more deatail work and touch up some stuff but this little section is almost complete lol..

Here you can see the bears looking at the skinny hikers/fisherman across the river, im going to add a picture backdrop of a river canyon to add a 3d effect since the entire area is really only 10" deep total

Updated shot of Red Rock Canyon with the mountains popping up behind it...

Funny when you look a few inches to the left and right of where you are working, it really inspires you to keep plowing ahead lol..

More to come as soon as I get some more done heheh, most likely this weekend :)

Thanks for the positive comments, just looking at my fellow modelers work is what inspires me!! Thank You!!

Back