help, dcc-diesel

bgoatsw

ive installed a digitrax SDH164D decoder , by hard wiring into a older athearn deisel engine , it programmed fine but it stops 1-2 sec. when going on track layout and then starts up agian, how do i fix that? any help be great, Thanks G

does it stop in certain spots? Also is it just that particular loco that has the problem and if so I'd check to see if you have wired wrong or if a connection might be poorly soldered, that's all that I can think of, I will admit I am no expert in the least but I would think that it is a good starting point to diagnosis of the problem.

cheers,
-Andrew

it stops at random places and its just this loco, my others do fine. It responds to commands fine also, just stops and restarts ?
Thanks G

What kind of current draw do you have with this older loco? Kind of sounds like a component heating up then cooling off. Just an idea (may not be a good one) but it's an idea :D

Cheers
Willis

I wanted to thank everyone for there help, I now have a well working Diesel. I think the problem was poor current in the trucks. thanks Ian

G

Back