Hello...........

Greg from Mi.

Greg from Mi.
I'm building a ho scale DMIR RR in two 12'X21' rooms. just starting so lots of blank plywood. Heres a few shots of a 2'X3' area that I have done. Well somewhat done
Greg

Josh M.........

Forgive me for I have sined.
Its a matchbox and is 1:68 scale. I have a few other matchbox or hotwheels on the layout and some are very close to 1:87. At a buck eash if there close I use them. some are right on the money 1:87 while some are 1:88 or 1:86
Greg

Greg, I do the same thing. If it's close to HO scale it's on my layout. HotWheels, matchbox & many others. can't afford those Hobby Shop prices for those trucks & tractors that look out of scale for me anyway. I'm use to what I use. At the train show last saturday some guy was selling full size Hotwheel cars as 1/87th.

Larry..........

I also see people on ebay selling cars saying they are ho scale when there not. Another thing I've seen is the ho scale cars that sell at walmart for $1 selling at train shows and ebay for $3 to $5 each
Buyer beware!
Greg

Forgive me for I have sined.
Its a matchbox and is 1:68 scale. I have a few other matchbox or hotwheels on the layout and some are very close to 1:87. At a buck eash if there close I use them. some are right on the money 1:87 while some are 1:88 or 1:86
Greg

LOL Greg, i did the same thing with my old layouts, i would have old Matchbox and Hotwheels construction equipment, cars and trucks on my first layout. This was before i had my huge truck collection lol

Howdy Greg - what part of Michigan are you from, the Upper Peninsula? That's what I'm guessing by the fact that you model a mining railroad. I grew up in southeast MI, ~15 miles outside of Detroit.

Trucklover [Josh] have you ever been to Michigan? There are lots of interesting-looking semi's there that I haven't seen in any other state. I'm guessing that their highway weight limits only specify the weight per axle - which means many trucking companies stick as many axles as possible on their trailers so they won't have to worry as much about weight restrictions. Here's one example: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/Scrap_Metal_Yard/scrapyard_021.jpg I seen some with up to 8 axles!:eek:

They also allow 'pup' trailers the same size as the regular ones, as this pic shows:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/Scrap_Metal_Yard/scrapyard_010.jpg

Road slug............

When I 1st started modeling I just went and picked out an engine that look cool. I ended up with a BN engine. Later as I "got into" modeling I knew I wanted a part of the RR to have a port and ship. I found out that the BNSF goes to Duluth MN where they have great lake freighters. so thats how I picked out the area. I live in southwestern Mi.
Greg

Trucklover [Josh] have you ever been to Michigan? There are lots of interesting-looking semi's there that I haven't seen in any other state. I'm guessing that their highway weight limits only specify the weight per axle - which means many trucking companies stick as many axles as possible on their trailers so they won't have to worry as much about weight restrictions. Here's one example: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/Scrap_Metal_Yard/scrapyard_021.jpg I seen some with up to 8 axles!:eek:

They also allow 'pup' trailers the same size as the regular ones, as this pic shows:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/CSX_road_slug/Scrap_Metal_Yard/scrapyard_010.jpg

Nope never been to Michigan but WHOA thats the biggest Roll-Off Container Truck i have ever seen :eek: that would make a sweet model :D thanks for sharing, i see a future modeling project hehe :D

When I 1st started modeling I just went and picked out an engine that look cool. I ended up with a BN engine. Later as I "got into" modeling I knew I wanted a part of the RR to have a port and ship. I found out that the BNSF goes to Duluth MN where they have great lake freighters. so thats how I picked out the area. I live in southwestern Mi.
Greg

Greg that sounds like when i first started too. I would buy just about anything, all road names..... Then i realized that i wanted to model BNSF and UP primarily with a splash of CSX in there :D So i sold off most of my rolling stock and engines that were not BNSF, UP or CSX related :D

Back