hello ^^

kit5

hello out there! just a little bit about myself:

i model in N scale, favorite road would be the CB&Q, and i drive a truck for a living ^^ (which doesnt allow me much time for modeling but oh well, it pays for it XD)

Always good to see more N scalers on here! Good things come in small(er) packages as they say. :D I'm modelling early BN so I have a bit of CB&Q stuff myself.

Got any pics of your layout if you have on set up? We're all picture-crazy on this site. :)

Welcome the forum, kit5. I'm an N scaler myself and have a high degree of fondness for the Burlington. I hope to be starting a new layout this fall after being without one since 1989. It'll be based on the CB&Q around 1955-1965 in Illinois.

As has been said, we love pictures and I am eagerly awaiting to see what you have done with your little piece of the world!

You'll find most to be very talented, friendly and willing to give some thought to any questions you may pose. By the way, what era and area of the CB&Q are you modeling?

heh thank you guys ^^ sadly, because driving a truck, i dont get much time to build a layout. however, since i dont use the top bunk in my sleeper cab, im planning on building an n scale layout in my truck! how cool is that? heh, anyways, ill put up all the pics i can.

That bunk should give you plenty of room but use a lot of museum putty for the structures and a lot of rerailers! Good idea, I'll bet you'll be the hit of the road.

museum putty? i never heard of that. i was just gonna use normal plastic friendly super glue. but im intrigued by this museum putty. what is it? where can i get it?

After the Northridge, Calif earthquake in 1994, the big thing was to use museum putty to hold down things yet was removable to clean, etc. It was suppose to hold items on a shelf and in a hutch. Not sure if it works but just a thought. My in-laws lost a lot of stuff from that quake. Kind of like rubber cement but you can scrape it of and start anew.

hello out there! just a little bit about myself:

i model in N scale, favorite road would be the CB&Q, and i drive a truck for a living ^^ (which doesnt allow me much time for modeling but oh well, it pays for it XD)

could always build a small layout in your truck cab...problem solved...;) welcome...

Back