Hello. New member here

mickey40

Diamond Valley Railway
Just want to say Hello to everyone. Have been poking around the site and decided to jump in. Looks good. Hope to gain some much needed info and guidance here.;):D

Hi mickey, welcome aboard, info and guidance are free. Do you have a layout at this time or one under construction? Anyway there are lots of knowledgeable members here who'll help with the information you need so ask away, they'll answer.

Cheers
Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the warm welcome. My 2 boys and I have just started a freelance layout. The track for the most part is laid but we really haven't done anything spectacular yet. We are trying to be as frugal as possible because money is tight, so we ( which translates into me) are scratch building the majority of the project. My youngest boy (10) loves to help as much as he can. I will post some pics as soon as I can find my digital camera and figure out how to post the pics on here. CHEERS

Welcome aboard, Mickey. You've picked the best hobby you can share with your sons. Let us know if you need any help on how to post pictures.There's a sticky post at the top here that gives you the basic information. We'll look forward to seeing what you've done so far.

Wow. Haven't stopped by this board in a while. Looks like it's been busy.

Hello, all, and welcome. TSFRJ, I blame my Dad too. I remember his 4x8 layout when I was 5 or 6. That was a lo-o-o-o-ong time ago. I wish I had some of that stuff now, especially the rolling stock, not that I need it though.

Mickey, I've got a friend that works the yard for CP near Toronto. Yes, the BIG rail road.

Welcome, all, and have fun.

Bob

Back