Hello from western PA

Goldnut

Hello my name is Ken. First off, an explanation about the name. I used to really enjoy prospecting for gold. Hence the name "Goldnut" I have a bad back so I pretty much gave up digging in the creek. I have also spent a lot of hours hunting and trapping. My time spent on those has suffered too. I been looking for a new hobby. Sooo. My brother bought me a train set about 10 years ago and I had never set it up. Well he passed away 2 years ago at age 61. I figured I better set that train up under the tree this year since I think he would be pretty disappointed if I never used it. Strangely enough, on another forum Im a member of, a fella posted a cool video of his train and a youtube link to a beautiful layout. Got my interest up pretty quick. (maybe my brother knew I needed this) I know pretty much zero about trains. Im here to learn all I can. I am limited on space so I am going to do the layout around the room perimeter by the ceiling. I plan on doing 2 rails with trains going opposite directions. Fortunatly we have a store within a few minutes of where I live. Im going with O scale. I did buy the track for the curves so I can figure the corner shelves. Going to go buy lumber tomorrow for the shelves. Anyways thats the basics. Looking forward to meeting many new friends here. Ken

Ken, welcome aboard!! You will find a lot of knowledgeable people around here that will help you with your questions.

Welcome to the friendliest model railroad site on the internet. Feel free to ask questions. This is one place where you won't get "yelled" at. Stop by Running Bear's Diner to catch up on the latest goings on.

Ken - I didn't know there was gold in western PA! :oops:;):) Just kidding.
Welcome to the forum! Like the other guys said - if you got questions - just ask.

I'll add my welcome too!
I mostly "armchair" model these days - too many hobbies - not enough time!
Once moved to Southwestern Colorado ... spent a lot of time climbing around the hills there at 9-12,000 feet looking for "lost gold mines".
Sure wish I was healthy enough to do that again!
As others have said "yak at us" in the Coffee Shop hangout!

Back