Hello from Tulsa, OK

jvivlemore

I'm returning to the hobby after taking a break once I graduated High School. I now have 2 small boys and want to have them grow up around trains as well. I'm leaning towards a 4x8 N Scale layout with long freight or passenger trains but might do HO like I did before.

If anyone lives nearby and knows someone selling benchwork or a layout please let me know! I'd love to get a layout up and running ASAP for the kids and then start another at some point I can really take my time on and learn from.

Thanks.

welcome jvivlemore, i would check out Craigslist in your area, there are usually some unfinished layouts peeps are selling. A 4x8 N scale would be an empire, for HO not so much. keep us posted on what your doing!

j

Hey jvivlemore. Was wondering how your layout ended up looking like. I am new to this forum but i am also located in tulsa, Oklahoma. Let me know. Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum, you will find a fast amount of knowledge on here. Good job on getting your kids interested in this hobby.

Scott

Welcome aboard jvivlemore and nscalenewguy. I am willing to bet once you are in the hobby a few years you will regret the "newguy" in your username ;)

But until then, this is a helpful bunch of guys here. So if you have any questions it's pretty easy to find an answer here.

Take care.

I understand NScaler. I thought about that as well. But I saw somewhere where I was able to possibly change my username. So I'm hoping for that. If not it's fine though. Cause hey after a few years in the hobby I will look like I am VERY VERY knowledgeable for being new ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard nscalenewguy and jvivlemore if you are still with us and I hope you are!

Back