Hello from southern Oregon

2Tracks

Ol' School
Greetings fellow model railroaders! I model HO scale era 1950, the Great Northern Railway, freight, just not into passenger service. The other RR I'm modeling is the Pacific Lumber Co.. (hence the "2 Tracks") I Acquired my first bit of HO stuff in '66-'67 and ran a 4x8 plywood pacific operation for a couple of years. Only until recently have I been able to build my first permanent layout, (3 years ago.) I will say, this "new" game of model railroading has quite a learning curve too it, especially the electronics end of it. No DCC in 1966! I am using an NCE system and have installed 1 non sound and 4 sound decoders so far. The latest being a TCS WDK-ATL-3 in an Atlas GP7. Looking forward to pumping you guys for information..lol

Happy RailRoading.....:cool:
Jerry

Jerry - Welcome to the friendliest model railroading forum on the Internet. Pump away and ask anything...it's been said before, the only dumb question is the one that you don't ask. Lots of experienced modelers here.
If you have some time, come and visit us in the Coffee Shop and meet some of the regulars who like to shoot the bull about anything except religion and politics. We talk model railroading there as well.
You're up early for Oregon. :D

Willie

Welcome.gif As Willie mentioned, this is the friendliness forum. I am a fan of the Great Northern, but am modeling the area where I live in southwestern Montana, set in 1957. Unable to model the Northern Pacif or the Milwaukee Road with the space I have available, I freelance and connect to both of those railroads letting me have power from both of these railroads show up on my layout.

Post some photos of what you have going on and stop by the coffee shop for a cup.

WILLIE, thanks for the welcome, I will indeed make time to stop by the Coffee Shop......sounds interesting......

CHET, thanks for the welcome, of course with the GN, I have to have NP, Milwaukee, CB&Q and the like rolling stock, one of the things I like about the GN.

DAVE, thanks for the welcome, I am also looking forward to talking to you guys......

Working my way on navigating around the site (I am NOT computer savvy)....I'll get some pictures posted on what I've been doing......

Thanks again...Jerry

Back