Hello from South Jersey

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Rodmanb294

New to the forum.... HO modeler with interest in Amtrak, Pennsy, New Haven, PC...Budd Manufactured cars (Senator/Congressional) No layout yet... Looking for friends. Will be building layout in my home primarily multi track NEC like passenger ops...ie Newark Dock etc Collecting Passenger cars/trains Have several DCC locos, and over 60 scale passsenger cars.. Atlantic County Area?

Also interest in forming group of folks with same interest for fellowship etc...

Artieiii

Hi Rodmanb,
I live in Manahawkin. I am modeling HO scale and use an NCE power cab. PM me if you want to chat/talk trains.
-Art

Joe G

Hi Rodmanb,

I live north of you in the Matawan area and have an interest in pre PC PRR. I ordered and am waiting for the MTH GG1, Parlor Cars and Coaches and would like to start experimenting with laying down flex track on cork roadbed, in the hopes of starting a small modular layout. The PRR South Amboy operations interested me in my youth because of the mixture of passenger, freight, electric, steam and diesel and I may use that as a template. Hope to be able to discuss ideas with you.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

blue92rs

Cheaper than therapy!
Hello Rodman! Welcome! I am not to far from you in Little Egg Harbor. I enjoy running 1970s diesel equipment that has survived to present day on my under-construction layout. Mostly interested in freight and coal operations. Fan of Norfolk Southern and CSX with some Big Blue mixed in. I have also wondered about any groups in the area... Would love to see other layouts and operate on them.

Joe G

I am not familiar with the Broadway Limited GG1, or with FCC sound. What is the minimum radius required for that engine?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.