Hello from New Hampshire

CCoffran

Hello All

I have enjoyed trains for as long as I can remember. The Vermont Central Railway, which later became the New England Central Railway, runs about 100ft behind my grand parents house. HO is what I got started in, but I also have a small fleet of Marx O scale steamers and few Schuco Disneyland Monorails. I live in a small apartment currently, so the trains are in storage for now. I did buy a Bachmann Empire Builder N scale set that I had planned to use on my coffee table, it is just large for the oval. After getting it set up however, I discovered my cats also like N scale trains. Probably not for the same reasons though. Still figuring that one out. I've enjoyed the forum for a few years as a reader and finally decided to join back in October. Now that the holidays are over I have time to be more involved in the forums. Thanks

Clint

Welcome to the Forums, Clint. You've found the friendliest place on the internet for model railroading! Got questions? Someone here is sure to have an answer. Don't be shy!

Welcome.gif Nice to have you aboard Clint. New England is an interesting place to model. A lot of railroad history up there.

Thanks for the welcome. I plan on modeling the area between Claremont, NH and White River Junction, VT. My hometown of Windsor, VT is in between the two. White River Junction is the main rail yard for the area.

I did some looking on Google Earth and I am curious what railroad runs between Claremont and White River Junction. A lot of railroading in White River Junction.

It's a portion of the New England Central Railroad(The Vermont Railway). The NECR runs from New London, CT to the international border in East Alburgh, VT.

[url]https://www.gwrr.com/railroads/north_america/new_england_central_railroad#m_tab-one-panel

[/URL]

Actually, it goes past East Alburg thru Alburg Springs and then to the border. Mind, that both places have names is a curiosity in itself. Btw, the line enters East Alburg via a quarter-mile wood trestle across a part of Lake Champlain; I always thought it would be a nice modeling project. Come to think of it, at the west end of the trestle were three freight cars that, to my knowledge, never moved for almost 20 years. I saw them twice a day, to and from work.

Edit: The middle part of the trestle is a turntable that pivots to let small pleasure boats into the broad lake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Beady - looking at the Google Earth image, the three box cars are still there and the track has been torn out to the main line. Must be using them for storage.

I'll Google it when I get home tonight. Sounds like an interesting bridge.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back