Hello from Illinois!

Riverrat

Hi All! I stumbled across the forum during a websearch, and looked around some and liked what I was seeing.

Have been around real trains and model railroading as far back as i can remember (there are slide of my dad holding me as a baby, just off the steps of a SF U30C!) Have sorta been away from the hobby for a little while, due to budget constraints, and the sudden passing of my father, the whole reason I came to love this hobby. But now I got the bug again to clean off and rebuild his old layout and bench work.

With the inheritance of his enormous collection, in addition to what I already had, myself, includes brass, kit-bashed, custom paints, and one-offs, and an entire army/fleet of Cary cast engines! I am more than happy to talk about, help out, lend ideas, or even show pictures of anything I have.

See you all around the forums!
(oh, I already had made my first posts in the slugs & bugs thread with some pictures :) )

What part of IL?? I get up to Sandwich West of Yorkville once or twice a year to visit one of my brothers.

Hello and welcome aboard. Glad you found us. This is a great site and lots of friendly people to talk to. Look forward to talking to ya and seeing photos of your progress as you rebuild.

Welcome Riverrat, from up in Chicago. I took a look at your other thread and I remember those BN tender tank cars flying through Lagrange on the last leg of their trip cross country. It looks like your Dad left you a nice legacy.

Welcome Riverrat, glad you are part of the forum. This is a great place to learn and also contribute.

Back