Hello Everyone! Nice to discover an active Model Railroad Forum!

FeatherRiver

I just joined today (8 November 2023) - tonight to be more accurate.

I am into HO Scale with DCC operation; and Bi-Level tracking.
My new railroad layout is going to focus on the Feather River Route in N. California, particularly the area known as the "Keddie Wye".

Hope to make a post or two soon, but for right now I am looking around this forum at the many interesting subjects (threads and posts).

I just joined today (8 November 2023) - tonight to be more accurate.

I am into HO Scale with DCC operation; and Bi-Level tracking.
My new railroad layout is going to focus on the Feather River Route in N. California, particularly the area known as the "Keddie Wye".

Hope to make a post or two soon, but for right now I am looking around this forum at the many interesting subjects (threads and posts).
Welcome to the Forum from across the pond. :)

Welcome aboard, we are glad you joined!

We look forward to your posts. You could even start a thread dedicated to your layout if you like. I for one love pictures as do many of us.
Thanks 4 your reply! The only photos I have right now are those I took of my first MRR layout (1997 - 2003); in that one I did everything
including the scenery.

But this time around I plan to have someone build the BenchWork and the Scenery as I want to concentrate on the fun and enjoyment of running the locos!

It will be awhile before I can take photos of my new layout.

Welcome to the group!

Feather river is a great area to model with lots of scenery opportunities.

Looking forward to watching your progress.
You are acquainted with this area of Northern California, right ?

The Feather River Canyon has always been a favorite of mine.
The Keddie Wye, together with a great trestle towering over the Feather River far below, looks like two different rail routes as two locomotive consists can actually cross over each other at the same moment on two levels of track.
It truly is one of greatest railroad achievements anywhere in the world!

DJ

P.S. I am going to continue this post by starting a new thread on this subject.

Hop on board…!
20231018_095001.jpeg

Back